Why Should You Become a Member of the Greater Seattle AHS Chapter?
Spring Meeting Concert 2014
Because you become part of a group of about 125 other harpists who have a chance to meet twice a year, hear each other play and get to know each other.
Recent meetings have included a talk on using social media to expand your harping business, talks about travels around the world, and lots of performances by solos and ensembles.
- You receive the monthly newsletter, Resonance, chock full of harp news of all kinds, a calendar of local harp events, a free classified section with harps for sale and rent, and even harp jokes.
- You can participate in our annual Music Education Auditions, or Adjudications, as we call them, where you get to play twice a month apart for a professional who is not your teacher, and work in between to improve your pieces.
- You can take advantage of workshops with visiting harpists who bring their many and diverse talents.
- You receive a directory of all the members with their contact information.
- You can list yourself in the Teacher or For Hire lists on our cool chapter website.
- You can keep up with fellow members on our Facebook page.
- Your dues help support our scholarships. In recent years we have made two $500 awards each year to help students afford lessons, rentals, music purchases, etc.
To Join or Renew Membership in the AHS Greater Seattle Chapter
1. Click Hereto print and fill out the Membership Form
2. Write a Check or click Here to use Paypal to pay dues: Please make checks payable to AHS-Greater Seattle
3. Mail Membership Form and check (if applicable) to Patti Warden at the following address:
Patti Warden 8848 129th Place SE, Newcastle, WA 98056